Boston Inspiring Connections Outdoors
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Sample Trip Ideas
Here are some of our favorite Boston ICO outings-- tried and true, as well as new.
- Merrimack River Eagle Festival, Newburyport: http://www.massaudubon.org/Nature_Connection/Sanctuaries/Joppa_Flats/news.php?id=1152&event=no&sanc_news=yes
- Weston Land's Sake maple sugar program: http://www.landssake.org/forestry/maple
- Arnold Arboretum: accessible by orange line to Forest Hills: http://arboretum.harvard.edu/visit/directions/. Plenty of self-guided tours: http://arboretum.harvard.edu/visit/self-guided-tours/
- Middlesex Fells "Rock Circuit" trail (3.7 miles) or "Spot Pond Brook Archaeological District Self-Guided Trail" (0.8 miles), accessible by orange line Oak Grove station: http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/metroboston/fells.htm
- Wachusett Mountain State Reservation hike: http://www.wachusett.com/TheMountain/EnvironmentalEducation/DCRWachusettStateReservation/tabid/84/Default.aspx. Has visitor's center with displays and restrooms, etc.
- Dogtown scavenger hunt in Gloucester-- finding words carved on boulders in the forest: http://www.thedacrons.com/eric/dogtown/babson_boulders_gloucester.php
- Lowell National Park Canal and Mill tour: http://www.nps.gov/lowe/photosmultimedia/canal_system.htm
- Walden Pond swimming and hike: http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/walden/
- Simple book with easy nature scavenger hunts is: "Let Nature Be the Teacher": http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED391698.pdf
- Letterbox scavenger hunting: letterboxing.org; click on 'letterboxes' and then type in a town or keyword to find letterboxes in a particular area.
- Crane's Beach trails and dune walks: http://www.thetrustees.org/places-to-visit/northeast-ma/crane-beach-on-the-crane.html
- World's End, Hingham: http://www.thetrustees.org/places-to-visit/greater-boston/worlds-end.html
- Fishing lessons-- we have rods!
- Outdoor survival skills
- More suggestions of local hikes: http://amcboston.org/walks/conditioning.html
Make a tax-deductible contribution to support Boston ICO
Facebook Fanpage Box